- For use underground or on surface lines
- For patrolling and inspecting
- For hauling plant, equipment and materials to and from site
- For transportation of personnel
- For use as a site workhorse
- Alumicarts and trailers may be linked and operated together to transport loads of increased volume
- Specifications are adaptable allowing track engineers to customise designs to suit their specific requirements
Standard Models – Click here to view
For information about Alumicart Trailers, the Alumicart Cabin, Tool Box and other items please see the Alumicart Accessories page.
- Integrated safety system on all Alumicarts and Trailers with automatic fail safe braking and automatically changing directional marker lights
- Lightweight for manual portability and transportation in road vehicles
- Accessible to track with confined access eg. escalators, stairways and gates
- Faster delivery of machinery and materials to site
- Allows for transportation of heavy loads
- Provides extra lighting for night / tunnel work
- May be used in conjunction with other equipment to perform specific engineering operations
- Forward and reverse drive on all models
Portable motorised track trolleys entered service in the UK with the Bance Mark 1 two-seater Alumicart in 1993. Constructed from welded tubular aluminium and with a forward drive 4 HP petrol engine the Alumicart weighed 62 Kg and would tow loads of up to 350 Kg. The Mark 2 and Mark 3 saw various improvements including towing capacity being increased to 2000 Kg.
In 1996 the stronger square section second generation aluminium two and four-seater Alumicarts entered service with forward and reverse drive, powered by petrol, diesel or electric motors and with advanced fail-safe systems for multiple trailer towing.