- For use underground or on surface lines
- For patrolling and inspecting
- For hauling plant, equipment and materials to and from site
- For transportation of personnel
- For use as a site workhorse
- Alumicarts and trailers may be linked and operated together to transport loads of increased volume
- Specifications are adaptable allowing track engineers to customise designs to suit their specific requirements
For information about Alumicart Trailers, the Alumicart Cabin, Tool Box and other items please see the Alumicart Accessories page.
- Integrated safety system on all Alumicarts and Trailers with automatic fail safe braking and automatically changing directional marker lights
- Lightweight for manual portability and transportation in road vehicles
- Accessible to track with confined access eg. escalators, stairways and gates
- Faster delivery of machinery and materials to site
- Allows for transportation of heavy loads
- Provides extra lighting for night / tunnel work
- May be used in conjunction with other equipment to perform specific engineering operations
- Forward and reverse drive on all models
Portable motorised track trolleys entered service in the UK with the Bance Mark 1 two-seater Alumicart in 1993. Constructed from welded tubular aluminium and with a forward drive 4 HP petrol engine the Alumicart weighed 62 Kg and would tow loads of up to 350 Kg. The Mark 2 and Mark 3 saw various improvements including towing capacity being increased to 2000 Kg.
In 1996 the stronger square section second generation aluminium two and four-seater Alumicarts entered service with forward and reverse drive, powered by petrol, diesel or electric motors and with advanced fail-safe systems for multiple trailer towing.